2009 GERMAN GP: POST RACE QUOTES - FORMULA 1

Breaking

FORMULA 1

Formula 1 Image Story

Sunday, July 12, 2009

2009 GERMAN GP: POST RACE QUOTES

MARK WEBBER:
"It is an incredible day for me. I wanted to win so badly after Silverstone. I thought I had a good chance there. After pole I knew I was in a good position to win the race this year, I thought the only thing that could beat me or test me even more was the rain, but that held off. I lost Rubens off the start, I thought he had gone to the left but he went right and I banged into him. I had a drive-through and my engineer kept me calm. It was a difficult winter, Sebastian showed in winter testing what the car could do, so I kept my motivation high and I was hurting a lot. The team had patience with me, everyone in Australia and a few people who doubted me too so hello to them as well. So thank you to everyone who helped me here."

"I knew my start was not absolutely fantastic. I moved across a little bit and as soon as I hit him I was surprised. I also clipped Lewis, with these KERS cars and the way the mirrors are set up on these cars everyone is in a similar situation. A difficult run to the first corner but everyone got away okay."


SEBASTIEN VETTEL:
"Contragulations to Mark, today he was unbeatable so he totally deserved to win. Another one-two finish for the team. I am very, very happy. I would like to say I am very, very pleased with second but yesterday Mark did a better job and that is why he deserved to win. All the KERS cars got past me, I started fourth and then went into first corner eighth. And then basically I struggled a lot with the soft tyre. There was no way to pass Felipe, he used his special button when I was quite close. I was lucky to have the right strategy, in the end it brought us back to the correct position."


FELIPE MASSA:
"To be honest I miss to be here, to be in top three, but it was a fantastic race. I did a fantastic start, passed many cars. I was struggling a lot with the soft tyres, but fortunately I could manage to stay in front of Sebastian and manage to put out the pace after a while. When we put on a second set of tyres it was important to have good pace at that stage.

"I am happy, everyone in the team did a great job with the pitstops, so I think I am having a good result like this, a podium will definitely motivate the team to keep pushing hard, preparing a good car for the end of the championship and a great car for next year. It is all racing, we have the KERS which is a help to keep the positions, try to overtake, but you want to exchange the KERS for a bit of downforce I change very quickly."


JENSON BUTTON:
"My championship lead has stayed the same, although it's over a different person now. It's quite good that Webber won, because Vettel's now got him right behind him in the championship, and they'll be taking points off each other. If Vettel had won here it would have been a disaster. I'm looking forward to Hungary though, when we should have a few new parts. We really need to beat the Red Bulls there."


RUBENS BARRICHELLO:
"I'm terribly upset with the way things have gone today. Because it was a very good show of how to lose a race. I did everything I had to do. I had to go first into the first corner, and that's what I did. Then they made me lose the race basically. If we keep going on like this, then we'll end up losing both championships, and that would be terrible. To be honest, I wish I could just get on a plane and go home now. I don't want to talk to anyone in the team, because it would be a lot of bla, bla, bla, bla... And I don't want to hear that. I'm just terribly upset."

No comments:

Post a Comment