Mark Webber finally take his first Formula 1 victory as Red Bull Racing scored its third one-two of the season at the Nurburgring, but this time with Webber ahead of Sebastian Vettel at last.
"Mark Webber, you are a Grand Prix winner. Well done! Brilliant drive!" - Webber's engineer wowed. No matter what they threw at the Australian, including a drive-through penalty for a contact at the startline with Rubens Barrichello, Webber came through and delivered in devastating style.
The Brawns could not compete with the Red Bulls and fell back to fifth and sixth - Jenson Button ahead of Rubens Barrichello - behind Felipe Massa and Nico Rosberg when their three stop strategies unfolded.
The German Grand Prix
60 laps; 306.458km;
Weather: Cloudy, dry.
Pos Driver Team Time
1. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1h36:43.310
2. Vettel Red Bull-Renault (B) + 9.252
3. Massa Ferrari (B) + 15.906
4. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) + 21.099
5. Button Brawn-Mercedes (B) + 23.609
6. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes (B) + 24.468
7. Alonso Renault (B) + 24.888
8. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) + 58.692
9. Glock Toyota (B) + 1:01.457
10. Heidfeld BMW Sauber (B) + 1:01.925
11. Fisichella Force India-Mercedes (B) + 1:02.327
12. Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) + 1:02.876
13. Piquet Renault (B) + 1:08.328
14. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) + 1:09.555
15. Sutil Force India-Mercedes (B) + 1:11.941
16. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) + 1:30.225
17. Trulli Toyota (B) + 1:30.970
18. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) + 1 lap
Fastest lap: Alonso, 1:33.365
Driver Team On lap
Raikkonen Ferrari (B) 35
Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 19