FINNALY: KIMI RAIKKONEN GOING HOME - FORMULA 1

Breaking

FORMULA 1

Formula 1 Image Story

Thursday, September 12, 2013

FINNALY: KIMI RAIKKONEN GOING HOME

Scuderia Ferrari announces that it has reached an agreement with Kimi Raikkonen. The Finn will join Fernando Alonso in the driver line-up for the next two racing seasons.

Kimi Raikkonen is gearing up to return to a life in Red after a four year break and he did not hide his delight: "I am really happy to be returning to Maranello where I previously spent three fantastic and very successful years. I have so many memories of my time at Ferrari, memories which have stayed with me these past years, first and foremost, winning the World Championship title in 2007, which was really unforgettable. I can’t wait to be driving a Prancing Horse car again and to reacquaint myself with so many people with whom I had such close links, as well as working with Fernando, whom I consider a great driver, in order to bring the team the success it deserves."

In Formula 1, having to change team-mates is part of the job. For four seasons, Fernando Alonso has shared the Scuderia Ferrari garage with Felipe Massa and the day after news broke that the Brazilian would be leaving, the Spaniard had this to say:
"I want to thank Felipe for all the support he has given me and the team during this journey we have made together over all these years. Come the end of the season, it will not be easy to say goodbye to a team-mate like him. He has always been truly professional and loyal to the team and I am sure that right to the end, he will do his utmost for the Scuderia that he loves so much.” Through www.ferrari.com, he also had a word for Kimi Raikkonen. “I’d like to welcome my new travelling companion: together, starting next year, we will have to tackle a very demanding technical and racing challenge."