Alonso Emotional Farewell - FORMULA 1

Breaking

FORMULA 1

Formula 1 Image Story

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Alonso Emotional Farewell


FERNANDO ALONSO:

"I would love to finish the season and my Renault career with a great result. It will be an emotional race because I have enjoyed so many special memories with this team and I am leaving behind a lot of friends. Renault is one of the great teams in Formula One and I look forward to fighting with them on the track in the years ahead."

BOB BELL:
"He's made a huge contribution to the team, especially winning two world championships in 2005 and 2006 so he will be missed enormously. It's often said that he is the best driver on the grid and I wouldn't disagree with that so we're understandably sad to see the end of our very successful relationship. But we're also looking forward and we're all delighted to be welcoming Robert Kubica to the team as I believe he will quickly show that he is of the same calibre as Fernando. He's a strong team player, a great motivator and incredibly quick so we have plenty to look forward to as we enter a new era for the team."

No comments:

Post a Comment