2009 SINGAPORE GP: POST QUALIFYING QUOTES (TOP 3) - FORMULA 1

Breaking

FORMULA 1

Formula 1 Image Story

Saturday, September 26, 2009

2009 SINGAPORE GP: POST QUALIFYING QUOTES (TOP 3)


LEWIS HAMILTON:
"Fantastic. I'm very happy and pleased for the team. Throughout the weekend we came with updates, but so did everyone else and didn't know where we would be. Friday practice was not spectacular for me, but I came here today with a positive approach and a big thanks to the guys. They worked until 10am this morning rebuilding the car. We had some problems so had to change the chassis. They stayed up in the garage today in this humidity. They did a great job and I'm pleased to do this for them."

"The lap was really, very relaxed. The car over the weekend has got better and better as the circuit got gripper. I was feeling more comfortable in the car. The lap was really very relaxed and I was able to go faster so I am quite happy. We will see what happens with the strategies. I think the track, they tried to improve it and make it a bit less bumpy, it is not as bad as last year but still bumpy, it is not a problem, gives it a bit of character, I thoroughly enjoy driving it. I said I would be back to try and redeem myself, and hopefully this is the first step."


SEBASTIAN VETTEL:
"I don't know, none of us can answer this question (asked abt race expectatiot). The first run in qualifying was very important but unfortunately then the red flag came out. At the end of the day, it is great to be back. Qualifying on a street circuit is very important and it's good to be back in front. We will see what happens with the weights now. The car is very good and I'm feeling very comfortable," said Vettel. "We brought some stuff that seems to work. Tomorrow will be a long race. It's 61 laps so it will be warm in the car but we have all that it takes. I'm looking forward to tomorrow."


NICO ROSBERG:
"It has been a really good day. The start of the weekend was a bit difficult and all our engineers together worked very well. We made some big changes to the set-up and it improved the car a lot. It helped us be quicker. We weren't sure we would get into Q3 because of getting the soft tyre to work. In Q2 I got a fantastic lap and Q3 was fantastic too. It is the way it is. For Spa and Monza we take completely different race cars. It is a completely different car and now we get back the car we had prior to those races and we were finishing fourth and fifth. We have put a chunk of time into the package and we have developed very rapidly. Ii is enjoyable at the moment. I am pleased we have made another step for podium finishes and, who knows, maybe we can fight for a win soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment