Hartley named Red Bull's reserve driver - FORMULA 1

Breaking

FORMULA 1

Formula 1 Image Story

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hartley named Red Bull's reserve driver

New Zealander Brendon Hartley has been named Red Bull Racing's reserve and test driver for the Spanish Grand Prix after he was granted the necessary F1 superlicense by the FIA earlier this week.

The 19-year-old, who tested for the team in December last year, will replace former grand prix winner David Coulthard in the role.

"I am very happy to have been granted my superlicense," said Hartley. "I must thank Red Bull for all their support since 2005 and this new role is another step on the path to reaching my goal of being a Formula 1 driver.

"I know that with the new in-season testing ban, I'm not likely to get much cockpit time, but I will be part of the team and will learn a lot from that."

No comments:

Post a Comment