LEWIS EXPECT HARD WORK FOR WIN - FORMULA 1

Breaking

FORMULA 1

Formula 1 Image Story

Saturday, July 6, 2013

LEWIS EXPECT HARD WORK FOR WIN

Lewis Hamilton thinks it will be hard but not impossible to hold Sebastian Vettel behind him for victory in the German Grand Prix. Mercedes has made good progress in recent races with its tyre form, though, and Hamilton reckons there is still plenty to play for.

"I think it is going to be very hard. The Red Bulls have made a step this weekend, and I think a lot of teams have made a step forwards. Webber said to me that the tyres seemed to work on his car, so I think perhaps they have potentially gained a bigger advantage than we have with this switch of tyres. His long run was very strong the other day, so I anticipate they will both be strong tomorrow, but of course it would help if we could get into Turn 1 in the lead and hold them behind."

"We still have degradation issues, so it is not something that we have completely cured, but I don't think it is impossible. And I have a new set-up, so we don't know how it will work on a long run. I go in there with my fingers crossed and hope it works well."