Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock claimed Toyota's first ever Formula 1 front row sweep as the Japanese manufacturer dominated Bahrain Grand Prix qualifying.
The result was Toyota's first pole since the 2005 Japanese GP, and came after increasingly impressive progress from the team in the opening rounds of the season.
Pole ultimately went to Trulli by 0.3 seconds, with his team-mate Glock enjoying the same margin back to third-placed Sebastian Vettel, whose excellent qualifying form for Red Bull continued.
Championship leader Button had to settle for fourth, ahead of Hamilton and Rubens Barrichello in the second Brawn.
Fernando Alonso claimed seventh for Renault, with the Ferraris in eighth and 10th - Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen split by Williams's Nico Rosberg.
The Red Bull was on course to easily make the Q2 cut when Webber was impeded by Adrian Sutil's at the entry to the final corner, leaving the Australian in the bottom quarter of the grid along with the Force Indias and Toro Rossos.
Sutil managed a season-best 16th, although this will be in jeopardy if the stewards opt to issue any penalties over the Webber incident.
Pos Driver Team Q1 Q2 Q3
1. Trulli Toyota (B) 1:32.779 1:32.671 1:33.431
2. Glock Toyota (B) 1:33.165 1:32.613 1:33.712
3. Vettel Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:32.680 1:32.474 1:34.015
4. Button Brawn-Mercedes (B) 1:32.978 1:32.842 1:34.044
5. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:32.851 1:32.877 1:34.196
6. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes (B) 1:33.116 1:32.842 1:34.239
7. Alonso Renault (B) 1:33.627 1:32.860 1:34.578
8. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:33.297 1:33.014 1:34.818
9. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:33.672 1:33.166 1:35.134
10.Raikkonen Ferrari (B) 1:33.117 1:32.827 1:35.380
11.Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:33.479 1:33.242
12.Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) 1:33.221 1:33.348
13.Kubica BMW-Sauber (B) 1:33.495 1:33.487
14.Heidfeld BMW-Sauber (B) 1:33.377 1:33.562
15.Piquet Renault (B) 1:33.608 1:33.941
16.Sutil Force India-Mercedes (B) 1:33.722
17.Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:33.753
18.Fisichella Force India-Mercedes (B) 1:33.910
19.Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:34.038
20.Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:34.159