The WMSC has approved the rule adjustments proposed by the F1 Strategy Group and approved by the F1 Commission. These are:
- The simplification of the power unit penalties, ensuring that the most a driver can be penalised is to be demoted to the rear of the grid – this will eliminate penalties during the race for these infractions.
- New power unit manufacturers to F1 will receive an extra power unit for each driver to use throughout Grands Prix for the season, bringing the total to five – one more than the existing power unit suppliers. This will be applied retrospectively to Honda.
These changes to the sporting regulations will come into force with immediate effect.
The provisional calendar for the 2016 FIA Formula One World Championship was approved:
|October 23||USA (Austin)|
|November 27||Abu Dhabi|
The WMSC approved the update of the Super Licence regulations with a view to:
- Increasing flexibility for drivers having qualified for a Super Licence, but do not have the opportunity to race in Formula One. These drivers will now keep this possibility for three years (eg. typical F1 test driver situation)
- Enlarging the list of Series included in the Super Licence point system following numerous requests from series for inclusion
- Adjusting of points given to some series already included to better reflect the strength of series.
- Granting the champion of the FIA Formula E Championship with a Super Licence, although the Championship is not part of the points system.