2014 SPANISH GP: LEWIS HAMILTON PERFECT, ANOTHER POLE!!! - FORMULA 1

Breaking

FORMULA 1

Formula 1 Image Story

Saturday, May 10, 2014

2014 SPANISH GP: LEWIS HAMILTON PERFECT, ANOTHER POLE!!!

With Formula One returning to Europe, this was only the second qualifying session all year, after Bahrain, that was held in entirely dry conditions. For the first time in their history, Mercedes claimed a fifth consecutive pole position, clinching their second one-two on the grid this season. Lewis Hamilton, took pole position for the 35th time in his career.

Lewis Hamilton: "I’m overwhelmed to get pole position because I’ve had a pretty tough day in the car, particularly after yesterday went so well. I was really happy on Friday and we changed a couple of small things overnight, just the tiniest of tweaks. But it was a real handful today because track conditions had changed. Nico had a strong P3 and first two sessions of qualifying, so we were making small adjustments to the differential to try and make improvements to how the car was handling for Q3. On that final run, I really had to eke out everything and more from the car and myself to get pole and I’m so happy that I managed it. The hard work from the team and the development step we have made this weekend are totally inspiring for me – I haven’t experienced this level of performance before. I’ve never won at this circuit and I would love to, because my support in Barcelona has been growing every year and I have some amazing fans here in Spain. We are going to give it everything we can tomorrow to get the win."

Nico Rosberg: "I had a good feeling throughout today and I quite enjoyed Qualifying. I had a good lap at the end but Lewis just did a better job in Q3. Starting second is a bit of a disadvantage but it’s such a long straight down to the first corner, so I will hope to have a better start than Lewis tomorrow and overtake him. It’s also a long race where tyre degradation will be a key issue so there may be some opportunities to take advantage. I’m looking forward to tomorrow and I’ll be giving everything to take advantage of this amazing Silver Arrow that we have at the moment and hopefully extend my lead in the Championship."

Daniel Ricciardo: "Without putting too much attention on Mercedes, I'm happy with what I'm doing, so I think today was pretty good and I wasn't too disappointed with the lap. I don't really see how I could have improved much more today, so I think we're doing the best we can, but now that we're around third or fourth I want to close the gap to the silver cars! "Sorry for Seb, he's had a pretty rough weekend. I prefer it when we are both able to compete. Looking to tomorrow, then I think third is the best we can do. If Mercedes continue at the pace they had today then realistically we won't catch them, so then third, although it wouldn't be a victory, it would be really satisfying."
 P.    DRIVER             TEAM           TIME        GAP  
 1. Lewis Hamilton      Mercedes AMG   1:25.232
 2. Nico Rosberg        Mercedes AMG   1:25.400   +  0.168
 3. Daniel Ricciardo    Red Bull       1:26.285   +  1.053
 4. Valtteri Bottas     Williams       1:26.632   +  1.400
 5. Romain Grosjean     Lotus          1:26.960   +  1.728
 6. Kimi Raikkonen      Ferrari        1:27.104   +  1.872
 7. Fernando Alonso     Ferrari        1:27.140   +  1.908
 8. Jenson Button       McLaren        1:27.335   +  2.103
 9. Felipe Massa        Williams       1:27.402   +  2.170
10. Sebastian Vettel    Red Bull       no time set
    Q2 Најбрзо време: Нико Розберг 1:26.088               
11. Nico Hulkenberg     Force India    1:27.685   +  1.597
12. Sergio Perez        Force India    1:28.002   +  1.914
13. Daniil Kvyat        Toro Rosso     1:28.039   +  1.951
14. Esteban Gutierrez   Sauber         1:28.280   +  2.192
15. Kevin Magnussen     McLaren        no time set
16. Jean-Eric Vergne    Toro Rosso     no time set
    Q1 Најбрзо време: Нико Розберг 1:26.764               
17. Adrian Sutil        Sauber         1:28.563   +  1.799
18. Max Chilton         Marussia       1:29.586   +  2.822
19. Jules Bianchi       Marussia       1:30.177   +  3.413
20. Marcus Ericsson     Caterham       1:30.312   +  3.548
21. Kamui Kobayashi     Caterham       1:30.375   +  3.611
22. Pastor Maldonado    Lotus          no time set
    107% време: 1:32.837

No comments:

Post a Comment