OFFICIALY: McLAREN ANNOUNCED 2014 DRIVER LINE-UP - FORMULA 1

Breaking

FORMULA 1

Formula 1 Image Story

Thursday, November 14, 2013

OFFICIALY: McLAREN ANNOUNCED 2014 DRIVER LINE-UP

McLaren announced that Kevin Magnussen will join Jenson Button as a McLaren Formula 1 race driver for 2014, Jenson’s fifth year and Kevin’s first year as McLaren Formula 1 race drivers.

As McLaren gears up for the new Formula 1 season, which will see motorsport's premier league embrace considerable technical change as it embarks on a new era, using 1.6-litre V6 turbo engines and a more dynamic energy recovery and deployment system, 33-year-old Jenson’s lengthy Formula 1 experience and brilliant technical understanding will be very important assets as the team starts its 2014 challenge, backed by the talent, promise and enthusiasm of his 21-year-old team-mate Kevin, who recently won this year's World Series by Renault 3.5 Championship in fine style.

Kevin Magnussen said: "I’m absolutely overjoyed to be making my Formula 1 debut with McLaren. I’ll put it simply: this team is the best. It's been my dream to drive for McLaren ever since I was a small kid, and it's no exaggeration to say that I've dedicated almost every day of my life to achieving the goal of becoming a McLaren Formula 1 driver."

"I have an enormous amount of respect for everyone at McLaren, and I want to say a massive 'thank you' to everyone, but most of all to Martin and his senior colleagues, for giving me this chance. I won't let you down, guys!"

"Equally, in Jenson, I have absolutely the ideal team-mate. He's extremely quick, obviously, but he's also very experienced and superbly capable from a technical perspective. He's a Formula 1 world champion, which is what one day I also hope to become, and I'm determined to learn as much as I can from him."