2009 GERMAN GP: POST QUALIFYING QUOTES (TOP 5) - FORMULA 1

Breaking

FORMULA 1

Formula 1 Image Story

Saturday, July 11, 2009

2009 GERMAN GP: POST QUALIFYING QUOTES (TOP 5)

.
Mark Webber:
It is very special day for me. To get pole... I've been close a few times in the past, and on pole fuel corrected a few times but that doesn't count. We are here, team has done a great job all weekend, we got very tested in that session. I think that the car is working very well here, but talking to my engineer, it was so hard. We learned a little bit in Q2 with Rubens doing that lap, he did a very good lap, it was chaotic to read what we needed at the end.

"Obviously you call on experience, you have a great team of people around you, they are on pit wall and making the right calls, the best drivers in world you know. It was difficult knowing what track was going to do, how greasy the track was and what tyre to use. It was a very difficult session and one our team did well and that is why we got pole."


Rubens Barrichello:
"I loved that session! It was very nice to have the right tyres at the right moment. We all went on slicks and all came back as we saw Massa spinning at Turn 12. I was on my timed lap that I decided it was not the right tyre, and I came in, but I had no reply on the radio! Then they were ready for me with the right tyres, and I was safe. It was a nice position!"

Jenson Button:
"It's great for everyone, that session (Q2) was madness! We're struggling with tyre warmup anyway, throw some water in and it's crazy. Tomorrow is going to be interesting, wet dry wet dry. I'm looking forward to it very much."


Sebastien Vettel:
"I'm not frustrated, but it was possible to do better. But my last lap was not great so it's not front row today. It was tight, I don't blame the car, I blame myself. Who knows for tomorrow, the weather is so unpredicatble, we'll see. It depends on your tyres and how the curcuit is acting. Anything is possible, dry, wet, something in between. It will be an exciting race tomorrow whoever does the right thing at the time will be ahead."


Lewis Hamilton:
"If it stays dry tomorrow then we'll definitely be in a good position and we can shoot for the podium for sure. We could fight the Red Bulls even. I think it will probably be wet though."

No comments:

Post a Comment