FERRARI: First points for Felipe Massa - FORMULA 1

Breaking

FORMULA 1

Formula 1 Image Story

Monday, May 11, 2009

FERRARI: First points for Felipe Massa



Another sixth place for the Scuderia Ferrari in the fifth race of the season, this time obtained by Felipe Massa. The Brazilian pilot, had the third best time in the race, fighting for a place among the first four until was forced to slow very rapidly to save gasoline bcz after the second pit - stop was not refueled with proper amount of fuel. Kimi Räikkönen withdraw due to a hydraulic problem with accelerator control.

Felipe Massa:
"It`s a shame to have lost two positions in the final moments, but at least we finally moved with performance. We knew that could not keep up with the Brawn but we were able to stand up to the Red Bull and without the problem with the gas, I would have certainly maintained my position infront of Vettel and Alonso. The final part of the race was terrible. I was doing hard work with harder component of tires and then I had to try to save fuel, while i had Vettel behind me. Then the team told me that if I want to get to the finish line, I had to pass Vettel and very drive very slow, becouse if at that point I had made another pit-stop would have finished out of the points. Today the pace of the car with the softer tires was pretty good, although we are still missing a couple of tenths. At least we are back to fight for the top positions."

About Massa`s problem with fuel consumption Stefano Domenicali said:
"Unfortunately we had a problem, and we saw it at the last stop. Some of the fuel did not go into the tank. We don't know yet what is the real problem, and if it is connected to the tank itself. We are checking it now, and we already had a short second stint because we planned to have a longer one because we saw we were going very well.


Then the problem occurred again on the second stop. When we had the possibility to check the situation, we tried to see if it was possible to change the refuelling rig and come back in, or stay out. And it seems it was the best solution to do that and complete the last laps.

Kimi Räikkönen:
"I am very dissapointed because I could finish in the points. Unfortunately, we had a hydraulic problem with accelerator control, that I was forced to retire. At the start I was able to gain several positions, but then I found behind the BMW of Heidfeld. The car is improved, but we have to fix these problems of reliability. It clear that when you have to catch up we must not commit avoidable errors, as it happened to us in the beginning of this season, but it does not mean that the team has lost the thread: they are the same people who in last two years won three titles of four available. "

No comments:

Post a Comment