2009 MONACO GP: Post Qualifying Quotes - FORMULA 1

Breaking

FORMULA 1

Formula 1 Image Story

Saturday, May 23, 2009

2009 MONACO GP: Post Qualifying Quotes


Jenson Button:
"Today was a really tight fight, all weekend I have been fighting with Rubens and he has definitely had the upper hand. McLaren has been up there, Ferrari up there, the Red Bulls, it has been a fun weekend. Qualifying was no different, it was manic, but great to come away with the pole – to snatch pole I am chuffed to bits. It might look like it (perfect) from the outside. I was a long way off in P1 on Thursday and didn't know where we were, but all weekend we have improved it a little bit, that is the great thing with this year's car."

Kimi Raikkonen:

"Second place is a nice result but I'm disappointed that I missed out on pole by a few hundredths. Here, there is a much bigger difference between starting from first or second place. The car has improved and that can be seen from the performance level. Today, we felt ever more comfortable as the track's grip level improved bit by bit. I had some difficulties on the first run in Q1, but then things got better all the time. In the end, I had the possibility of doing another lap, but I went long at the first corner: I don't know if I could have done a better time. The start will be very important and on the short straight here, the KERS will definitely be a help, but not as much as elsewhere. All the same, it's good to be back in the fight for the top places and I will give it my best shot to try and win, because that's the only thing that matters."


Sebastian Vettel:
"It was a shame today as the car was good and we could have done better. As I came out of Rascasse, Nakajima was almost stopped on the circuit and, you know, if you want to get everything right here in qualifying, you have to have a clear lap. This wasn't the case on the last half of my lap when I was stuck in traffic."


Nico Rosberg:
The first two sessions went fine today, but I was not happy with the final conclusion in Q3, P6 was not where I wanted to be and it should have been better. I had some balance problems in the last run and some traffic, particularly with Barrichello on my fastest lap, so I didn't manage to make the best of the circumstances. Anyway, that's the way it has played out and we just need to make the best of it."

Adrian Sutil:
"It feels a bit like a pole position for us, and it was fun to be able to do it. Everything came together, the team did a good job in the garage and I felt my lap was strong. It was difficult with the traffic and then the stoppages, but it was a good run. Tomorrow I hope we will be able to fight in the midfield and try to get ahead of some people. The start could be a bit tricky, as it always is here, but I feel all set for tomorrow. We are really motivated now and are hoping for a good race."


Jarno Trulli:
"All weekend we have been off the pace even though I was managing to do my best. I was putting the car through to Q2 but unfortunately in the last two corners I found the Renault which has blocked me and so I've lost my quickest lap and that was it. We have reported to the stewards and they are looking at it, and I am sure they will take action."

Lewis Hamilton:
"My race weekend for a win is for sure over. I just don't know what I was thinking. I made a mistake. It had been going well all weekend. I apologise to the team for wasting their time, and at least Heikki is doing well. He is up there. I wish him all the best. Tomorrow I will do the best job I can to try and recover from it. It's just been tough, but you learn from these mistakes and they are bound to happen. It's unfortunate it happened in the first part of qualifying, but this is what makes you stronger."


Robert Kubica:
"So far we have only had difficulties. We struggled on Thursday and again this morning. I had a very bad out lap with a lot of traffic. As a result my tyres cooled down a lot. However, the overall performance of the car is not good enough. We have to realise we are bad. We have to adapt to the situation and we have to work very hard now."

No comments:

Post a Comment